Tooling U-SME and UL present the next tier of their Additive Manufacturing (AM) certification program, Additive Manufacturing Technician Certification. The collaborative program is based upon UL’s multi-tiered AM training program and Tooling U-SME’s Professional Certification. In response to industry feedback, this program provides a single course and certification offering with Tooling U-SME and UL joining together to align our previously independent programs.
The Additive Manufacturing Technician Certification program at RAPID + TCT includes the recommended prep course and seated certification exam. The prep course is a discussion-oriented and interactive session in which participants receive comprehensive application-based knowledge of the 3D printing industry. Covering key roles and responsibilities for an AM technician, the AM process chain, design for AM, material and process selection, secondary processes, and key safety considerations, you will begin to understand how to apply AM in your organization. The certification exam is a three hour proctored, open book and open note exam consisting of 120 multiple choice questions.
Upon passing the exam, students earn their Additive Manufacturing Technician Certification.
- Summarize the AM process chain, materials, technologies and economic drivers
- Evaluate designs for AM covering general guidelines, file formats, build factors and optimization strategies
- Evaluate differentiating factors when selecting AM materials and processes
- Describe the end to end manufacturing chain from build preparation to quality assurance
- Explain how to leverage AM to support various traditional manufacturing methods
- Describe the impact of AM on the manufacturing environment and key risk and safety considerations
Additive Manufacturing Technician Certification is for any business professional, engineer, designer, or technician who already holds the Additive Manufacturing Fundamentals Certification or who has a two-year associate’s degree in additive manufacturing or is currently enrolled in a college program, and/or has one or more years of working experience in a manufacturing related field.
Upon completion of this course students will receive a certificate of completion. To pass the exam, students must receive a score of 70% or higher to earn full certification. After the exam is scored, students will receive official results by mail, which includes an Examination Analysis report that provides a breakdown of your results by knowledge area.