This workshop introduces participants to the world of 3D Printing (3DP)/Additive Manufacturing (AM) technologies. A detailed description of the different 3DP/AM technologies is covered including the most commonly used discussed, highlighting the latest systems. A description of the ecosystem of AM from CAD input, design-for-additive manufacturing to final part production will be discussed. Secondary processes such as reverse engineering, room temperature vulcanizing (RTV) molding and metal casting, will validate the advantages of 3DP/AM over traditional methodologies in cost and time savings.
Case studies utilizing the different technologies will be presented, ranging in applications from design verification, functional testing to serial production. The workshop is intended to enlighten the participants about the world of 3D printing and additive manufacturing and to form the basis for helping them make decisions about the learning objectives listed below.
- Educate attendees on the different 3DP/AM technologies currently offered
- Decide if additive manufacturing technologies are applicable to specific requirements
- Identify which technology is the right one to suit a company’s requirements
- Leverage 3DP/AM technologies within and beyond traditional manufacturing
- Understand effect on designing/engineering the prototype and final production parts