One of the top questions among additive manufacturing clients is “How do we take the first step toward additive manufacturing? And, how do we justify the cost to accounting?”
Since 2015, Plural Additive Manufacturing has helped customers answer nuts and bolts questions for real manufacturing processes including:
- How do you compare additive manufacturing costs to other processes like injection molding or machining?
- How can we translate an existing part to an additive manufacturing process?
- What are the critical features for making the part?
- How do we optimize post-processing?
Based on dozens of in-depth case studies and cost analyses, Plural has developed an estimating model with 10 critical variables. This presentation will address both new and existing production environments and the cost variables for prototype, jig and fixture, and end-use part applications
We will review three case studies where the customer made the move from machining or injection molding to 3D printing and note the break-even points at a different volume of parts for each technology. Case studies will include contract manufacturing, process manufacturing, and more.
- Compare cost savings with different manufacturing techniques including additive manufacturing, injection molding, and machining.
- List variables for accurate additive manufacturing cost estimates
- Share lessons learned from customer case studies in contract and process manufacturing.