The call for speakers is now closed. Thank you for your interest.
The ability to manufacture detailed structures more efficiently as well the the combination of 3D imaging technology (MRI, CT) to create patient-specific digital images and print from this data is compelling to an industry always looking for ways to improve and change lives. From serialized implants, patient-matched models, devices and instruments to the potential of printing tissues for drug testing and replacement organs, medical applications of additive technologies are growing quickly.
The SME Medical Additive Manufacturing/3D Printing (AM/3DP) Workgroup and the MMI series at RAPID + TCT will play a vital role in defining AM/3DP for both traditional device and point-of-care manufacturers and helping to break down barriers to expanded use in medicine. There’s no better time than now to share your innovative research, case study or application with an audience laser-focused on medical AM/3DP. Become a RAPID + TCT 2019 Speaker!
Presentation Format Options
RAPID + TCT will be accepting abstracts that focus on the technology to support your topic. Case studies, research findings, and technical analysis are highly recommended. Commercial and sales submissions will immediately be disqualified. The presentation format is 20 minutes plus 5 minutes Q&A. Presentation levels include Novice, Intermediate, and Expert.
Present to a High-Level, Influential Medical Audience in a Growth Industry
What you can expect form the MMI audience at RAPID + TCT:
- 81% influence purchase decisions in their organizations
- 64% are business owners, corporate executives, managers, product designers, or design engineers
- 38% have equipment budgets over $200,000
Source for all statistics: RAPID + TCT 2018 registration data
Exposure, Recognition, and Complimentary Benefits
Become a speaker to share your knowledge and contribute to a dynamic conference focused on red-hot AM/3DP for use in medical and biomedical applications.
- Professional exposure as an AM/3DP leader in medicine
- Share with and gain ideas from peers and industry experts
- Position your organization for success
- Connect with new resources and solutions throughout the United States, Canada, and several countries around the world
- Impart solutions to medical manufacturing professionals, both traditional and point-of-care (clinical setting)
- Support the expansion of AM/3DP applications in medicine
- Contribute to the medical and biomedical manufacturing profession
- Help develop the medical manufacturing workforce
- Enter the Dick Aubin Distinguished Paper Award competition
- All primary speakers receive complimentary admission to the RAPID + TCT 2019 exposition, keynotes, and all conference sessions
- Co-presenters receive complimentary admission to conference sessions the day of their presentation
- Complimentary admission to the networking reception
Abstracts should address research, case studies and/or applications in any of the following areas:
- Anatomical models
- Bioprinting & scaffolds
- Cleaning & sterilization
- Economic evidence
- Orthopedic implants
- Patient-specific implants
- Process control & quality
- Medical imaging data & segmentation
- Outcomes/clinical evidence
- Surgical tools & guides
- …and more
Dick Aubin Distinguished Paper Award
The Dick Aubin Distinguished Paper Award seeks to recognize those who present a technical paper that features a successful and innovative application of rapid technologies and additive manufacturing. The paper will be selected based on 1) Technical merit 2) Impact on the rapid technologies and additive manufacturing industry 3) Overall relevance and paper quality.
To qualify for consideration:
- Your paper must be selected for presentation at the conference
- Your full paper must be received two months prior to the RAPID + TCT Conference (abstracts with outlines or presentation notes do not qualify)
- You must authorize SME to publish the paper as part of its technical paper database.
For more information on the Dick Aubin Distinguished Paper Award, visit www.sme.org/aubinaward.
Presentations will be reviewed by the SME Medical Additive Workgroup Abstracts selected will contribute to a comprehensive overview of the various developments of application of the technologies to medical and biomedical.