ITEAM – Independent Technical Evaluation of Additive Manufacturing Consortium
Additive Manufacturing (AM) is a rapidly advancing technology that’s changing manufacturing. There is a strong desire to move faster, but there is this gap between knowledge and capability that limits users in realizing the technology’s full benefit. As the technology advances in AM, users need a better way to evaluate the feasibility of producing additively manufactured parts amidst the constantly changing field of machines, materials and processes. SME and our partners through ITEAM are building a new prototype AM Rapid Virtual Evaluation Platform, SAM-CT, that will answer the million-dollar questions:
This platform is being developed and tested by the ITEAM consortium in collaboration with Dr. Michael Grieves, renowned expert at the Florida Institute of Technology (FIT), along with GM and other major industry users in automotive and aerospace. The open platform will provide a virtual repository of AM machine/material capabilities with evaluation tools to enable users to determine their parts’ suitability to be manufactured additively against the available machines and materials.
Attending RAPID + TCT 2018? Stop by the SME booth (#2339) to try out the platform and learn more about ITEAM.
Why Join SME’s ITEAM Community?
AM Technology Users
- Receive access to machinery and material specs with the intelligence built in to suggest the best solution for your specific part
- Create better assemblies designed for AM with reduced parts count, less material, less assembly time, more efficiency, and better ROI
- Prepare for the future and learn how to move into DFAM (Design For Additive Manufacturing) to obtain competitive advantages
AM Machine Manufacturers
- Help AM users better understand your equipment, materials, and processes
- Gain greater visibility in the AM industry – position your company as a leader in AM technology
- Contribute to the advancement of the AM industry by helping others make better decisions related to AM
What You’ll Receive
- First look and access to Beta versions of the system
- Access to industry leaders and experts developing the ITEAM system
- Ability to influence development through input and iterative design
- SME and Partners to Develop Web-based Additive Manufacturing Evaluation System (TCT Magazine)
- To 3D Print or Not to 3D Print? New Evaluation System Will Help Answer Manufacturing Industry Question (SME)
- What will it take for the metal AM show to go on in automotive? (AdvancedManufacturing.com)
- RAPID + TCT Event
- SME in 3D Technologies
- SME’s Additive Manufacturing Community