SAE International is a global body of scientists, engineers, and practitioners that advances self-propelled vehicle and system knowledge in a neutral forum for the benefit of society. It is the leader in connecting and educating engineers while promoting, developing and advancing aerospace, commercial vehicle and automotive engineering.
SAE International enterprise is preeminent in serving its members and industry, by providing:
• A global network of students, scientists, engineers, practitioners and institutions.
• Technical publications that disseminate knowledge.
• Relevant, timely-consensus standards that drive quality, performance, safety, cost optimization of products and product-life cycles.
• Conferences and symposia that add value through the first-hand transfer of technical knowledge.
• Lifelong learning, education, development and recognition for individual members, institutional stakeholders and the broader workforce.
• Mutually beneficial government/industry/academic interfaces that provide information for the formation of sound public-policy decisions.
• Affiliated programs, products and services that add value and encourage innovation.