Additive Manufacturing Standardization Forum: Accelerating Standards & Specs Development
Tuesday, May 9
2:00 PM – 5:00 PM
(Registration is open)
Join us for this special program to discuss the current state of standards needed to advance the use of additive manufacturing. Explore identified gaps and priorities with particular focus on needs for aerospace, defense, and medical applications. Several prominent standards development organizations involved in the America Makes & ANSI Additive Manufacturing Standards Collaborative (AMSC) will discuss their work programs and present opportunities for you to get involved.
The AMSC Standardization Roadmap for Additive Manufacturing, slated for publication in February 2017, will be presented to launch the discussion. This collaborative project between America Makes, the National Additive Manufacturing Innovation Institute, and the America National Standards Institute (ANSI) reflects many thousands of hours of work done by industry and research volunteers.
The session will include short presentations, Q&A, panel discussions, and networking opportunities. You will have a chance to ask your questions and understand how this effort can make a difference in your work.
Don’t miss this special program hosted by SME! Learn more about what is being done by the standards community to advance the use of additive manufacturing technologies!
2:00 pm – 2:05 pm
Debbie Holton, Events, Industry Strategy, SME
Ed Morris, Vice President and Director, America Makes
2:05 pm – 2:20 pm
Jim McCabe, Senior Director, Standards Facilitation, ANSI
2:20 pm – 3:05 pm
MODERATOR: Jim Williams, President, All Points Additive and AMSC Chair
- Pat Picariello, Director, Developmental Operations, ASTM International
- Jennifer Herron, President, Action Engineering, Chair of the ASME Y14 Subcommittee
- Laura Feix, Aerospace Standards Engineer, SAE International
3:05 pm – 3:15 pm
3:15 pm – 4:00 pm
MODERATOR: Lauralyn McDaniel, Industry Manager, Medical, SME and AMSC Vice Chair
- Annette Alonso, Managing Director, Standards Development, AWS
- Allan Noordvyk, Executive Director of Research, Change Healthcare, Co-chair DICOM WG-17 3D Manufacturing, MITA
- Joe Lewelling, Vice President, Emerging Technologies and Health IT, AAMI
- Paul Tykodi, Principal Consultant, Tykodi Consulting, IEEE-ISTO Printer Working Group
Individual discussions and visit organization displays
4:00 pm – 5:00 pm