Thank your for your interest in speaking at RAPID + TCT. The Call for Speakers is now closed.
The RAPID + TCT Conference is where thousands of manufacturing professionals come to learn about the newest technologies, materials, and applications in additive manufacturing, 3D scanning, CAD/CAE, metrology and inspection, and related technologies. There is no better place to share your innovative research, case study, or application. Become a RAPID + TCT 2018 speaker and influence the future of 3D technologies at one of the most respected additive manufacturing conferences in the world.
Presentation Format Options
RAPID + TCT will be offering two different presentation formats. You will have the option to select the presentation type(s) that you are interested in when submitting your abstract. All presentations should be technical and focus on providing “how-to” information for the audience.
- Power Up Presentation Format: Presentation is 10 minutes and is meant to provide a powerful snapshot with some technical depth into a topic
- Traditional Presentation Format: Presentation is 20 minutes plus an additional 5 minutes for Q&A
Present to a High-Level, Influential Audience in a Growth Industry
- 78% influence purchase decisions in their organizations
- 57% are business owners, corporate executives, managers, product designers, or design engineers
- 34% have equipment budgets over $200,000
Exposure, Recognition, and Complimentary Benefits
All speakers accepted to present at the conference will have the opportunity to share their knowledge and contribute to an industry-leading conference focused on exciting additive manufacturing technologies.
- Receive professional exposure as an additive manufacturing industry leader
- Network with peers and industry experts
- Position your company for growth
- Connect with new customers and industries throughout the United States, Canada, and several countries around the world
- Impart solutions to manufacturing professionals
- Contribute to the manufacturing profession
- Help develop the manufacturing workforce
- Enter the Dick Aubin Distinguished Paper Award competition
- All primary speakers receive complimentary admission to the RAPID + TCT 2018 exposition, keynotes, and all conference sessions
- Co-presenters receive complimentary admission to conference sessions the day of their presentation
- Complimentary admission to the show floor networking reception
Abstracts should address research, case studies and/or applications in any of the following areas:
- Additive manufacturing
- 3D imaging/scanning
- 3D printing
- Post processing
- Reverse engineering
- Software and modeling
- Workforce development
- Design considerations
- Direct write printed materials and electronics
- Developing the additive manufacturing workforce
- Business and economic considerations
- Additive manufacturing applications
- Process applications
- Final part production
- New processes
- Quality and standards
- Part inspection and certification
- Process monitoring, control, and qualification
- Applied academic research
- Digital thread
- Medical Manufacturing Innovations (MMI)
- …and more
Dick Aubin Distinguished Paper Award
The Dick Aubin Distinguished Paper Award seeks to recognize those who present a technical paper that features a successful and innovative application of rapid technologies and additive manufacturing. The paper will be selected based on 1) Technical merit 2) Impact on the rapid technologies and additive manufacturing industry 3) Overall relevance and paper quality.
To qualify for consideration:
For more information on the Dick Aubin Distinguished Paper Award, visit www.sme.org/aubinaward.
Presentations will be reviewed by the RAPID + TCT 2018 Conference Advisor Group. Abstracts selected will contribute to a comprehensive overview of the various components within additive manufacturing and 3D scanning technologies and their application to specific industries. Commercial abstracts and sales pitches will be disqualified.
Source for all statistics: RAPID + TCT 2017 Registration Data